Mr. Peterson Henry G. Izatt Middle School Grade 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
May 18: I hope everyone has a nice long weekend!! a couple of things to remember for Tuesday: 1) Track and field day - It should be a beautiful day but please remember to dress appropriately (both for the weather and for being active), bring a hat, sunscreen, water, a healthy lunch, (smoken bob's will be there) something to sit on and a book to read for down times.
2) your first draft of your short story needs to be completed by wednesday as you will be sharing it with mr. Peterson and your classmates for review, revision and editing. check ela page.
3) we will begin space inquiry project presentations next Friday, may 25.
May 10: 1) remember that we will writing a spelling quiz tomorrow 2) make sure that estimating products worksheets are completed for tomorrow. 3) try to have your short Story planning sheets completed for Friday. We will begin working on our first drafts tomorrow, and attempt to have our first rough copy ready for Monday. 4) check our Science page for solar system inquiry project ideas.
may 4: I hope everyone has a nice weekend! some things to do this weekend: 1) please remember to complete the fractions problems assignment that is on our math page. 2) check our science page to see if there is a space inquiry project topic that you would be interested in investigating next week. 3) check our ela page for some guides to help you plan your upcoming short story assignment.
May 2: please check our math page for an assignment that is due next Monday. I strongly encourage you to get started before Friday in case you need to ask me any questions about the assignment.
we are going to the snake dens next Wednesday, so please be sure to get the permission click form filled in and returned.
April 27: I hope everyone has a nice weekend! Thank you for another good week and a great day on our field trip. please take care of the following this weekend: 1) complete our math tutorials on fractions (see Math page) 2) complete spelling unit 21 and prepare for Tuesday's quiz 3) continue planning your short story (see ela page)
Please check our ela, math and science pages for information about what is expected for next week.
check our homework page and remember to keep reading!!
please check our homework, ELA, Math, and science pages Please check homework link for Ixl expectations!!
a couple of things to consider regarding homework are the following:
1) We are expecting you to be reading every night.
2) There are weekly spelling lessons.
3) regular math practice is expected through our ixl account.
4) one other expectation is that you are practicing your basic math facts regularly at home (approximately every second night) you should be focusing on your times tables as well as basic operations of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. Please check our mathematics page for links to practice pages and games.