Mr. Peterson Henry G. Izatt Middle School Grade 6 email@example.com
October 17: 6p don't forget that you will need your science duotang tomorrow!!
check our homework page.
October 11: I hope everyone has a nice long weekend! please check our math page for your homework assignment. remember that potw #2 should have been handed in already. 6Peterson please be considering the following question - "what is Science?"
October 3: please remember that there is no school on Friday, October 5 as it is a professional development day. Monday is a holiday, and Tuesday we go on our field trip to the aviation museum. please make sure you have signed up on permission click(see link below)
please check our homework page!!
Sept. 28: that is one month completed already! thank you for an enjoyable first month. This weekend please remember to keep up your reading and math facts practice. please also remember that potw #1 is due on Monday, October 1.
school pictures were sent home today. it is a very quick turnaround to get orders in as the order deadline is Tuesday, October 2.
don't forget to get the permission click filled out for our field trip to the aviation museum. have a nice weekend!
sept. 27: Grade six students will be going on a field trip to the Royal Aviation Museum on October 9th 2018. Please find the permission click link below.
Sept. 24: Week Four already!!! this week we will be presenting our "I wonder..." projects. please check our science page to make sure you are on your way to meeting all of the criteria.
in math we have been assigned our first "potw" (problem of the week). you can check the problem of the week link at the top of the page, and hints can be found by clicking on the "more" link.
keep practicing your multiplication facts for a few minutes every second night.
some important events coming up:
immunizations on Thursday September in the morning terry Fox run at 2:00 on Thursday sept. 27
please check our science page for our "I wonder..." assignment
you are expected to be practicing your multiplication facts/times tables.
6p make sure you have your "I wonder ..." topics ready to share with your classmates.
Sept. 5: Welcome to grade 6!
I hope all of you have had a nice summer holiday. I am looking forward to a very exciting year. our focus for the first couple of days will be to get to know one another, and begin getting ourselves into some positive and effective routines. one expectation will be for you to be routinely checking our weebly!!
specific expectations for this week are the following:
1) share with your parents/guardians the information regarding picture day
2) have your parents/guardians fill out, and then you return the immunization consent forms before September 11
3) What is the "golden rule"?
check our homework page and remember to keep reading
please check our homework, Math, and science pages Please check homework link for Ixl expectations!!
a couple of things to consider regarding homework are the following:
1) We are expecting you to be reading every night.
2) homework is not supposed to be too stressful. If you are having any difficulties with your homework, just do the best that you can and talk to your teacher about it the next day.
3) regular math practice is expected through our ixl account.
4) one other expectation is that you are practicing your basic math facts regularly at home (approximately every second night) you should be focusing on your times tables as well as basic operations of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. Please check our mathematics page for links to practice pages and games.